Man meets daughter for first time in 25 years
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have a father who had never seen his little girl, and a daughter who dreamed of finding the man who gave her her baby blue eyes. Friday they met for the first time, thanks to Facebook."It's indescribable," said James Boyd. "I'm on cloud nine."
For the first time ever, Boyd hugged the daughter he never knew and he never wants to let go of Stephanie Brumlow.
"A dream come true, basically," Brumlow said.
Boyd separated from Brumlow's mother before Stephanie was even born. The two had searched for each other for years, but never had any luck.
Boyd said, "We've searched for each other through different routes, avenues, venues."
Finally Brumlow found her dad through Facebook. He wrote a book to help cancer survivors after his own sister died this year of cancer. Boyd created a Facebook page to find the survivors. Stephanie did a Facebook search with study partners at Lone Star College and finally, after all these years, located her father.
"My grandpa tried to help me find him several times, and we always came up short," Brumlow explained. "All it took was the click of a button to find him."
Boy said, "She looks like her mother."
The father and daughter have advice for anyone else looking for lost loved ones.
Boyd said, "Keep searching, prayer and search, and things will come. Your prayers will be answered."
Boyd also told us he is very excited to get to know his daughter and his two grandchildren.
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home