Man meets daughter for first time in 25 years
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have a father who had never seen his little girl, and a daughter who dreamed of finding the man who gave her her baby blue eyes. Friday they met for the first time, thanks to Facebook."It's indescribable," said James Boyd. "I'm on cloud nine."
For the first time ever, Boyd hugged the daughter he never knew and he never wants to let go of Stephanie Brumlow.
"A dream come true, basically," Brumlow said.
Boyd separated from Brumlow's mother before Stephanie was even born. The two had searched for each other for years, but never had any luck.
Boyd said, "We've searched for each other through different routes, avenues, venues."
Finally Brumlow found her dad through Facebook. He wrote a book to help cancer survivors after his own sister died this year of cancer. Boyd created a Facebook page to find the survivors. Stephanie did a Facebook search with study partners at Lone Star College and finally, after all these years, located her father.
"My grandpa tried to help me find him several times, and we always came up short," Brumlow explained. "All it took was the click of a button to find him."
Boy said, "She looks like her mother."
The father and daughter have advice for anyone else looking for lost loved ones.
Boyd said, "Keep searching, prayer and search, and things will come. Your prayers will be answered."
Boyd also told us he is very excited to get to know his daughter and his two grandchildren.
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Boy, 6, drowns in Fort Bend County pool
- Another record could fall before Powerball drawing
- Witnesses rescue woman from kidnapping attempt
- Robbery suspects lead police on overnight chase
- Officer hurt when driver hits cruiser in NW Houston
- Nuisance buildings around Houston coming down today
- Triathletes pushing themselves today in The Woodlands
- 300-pound man dies after cops use stun gun 51 min ago
- Granbury residents prepare to return home
- NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles, says SKorea
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
- Video: Trapped ducklings saved by phone app
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos