Rapper, brother arrested in $4M pot operation
MISSOURI CITY, TX (KTRK) -- Two people have been arrested in what authorities are calling a major marijuana growing operation.The Fort Bend County Narcotics Task Force, which is a Houston HIDTA Initiative (High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area), conducted a narcotic investigation at 4500 Creek Point Lane and the 3400 block of Chambers Circle in Missouri City. According to the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office, the investigation culminated when information was learned that the resident had a large scale marijuana growing operation inside a two story home.
At the address of 4500 Creek Point Lane, Missouri City, drug agents reportedly located approximately 850 marijuana plants being grown in the residence. The marijuana commonly referred to as "Hydro," a street term short for hydroponics marijuana, was being grown using artificial lighting, water pumps and timers. The second story portion of the house had been specially designed to manufacture the marijuana.
The resident, Bernard Harry Theriot, 36, was arrested for possession of marijuana as well as being served with a warrant for delivery of marijuana.
Officials say in addition to the marijuana, weighing scales, hand written ledgers, plastic packaging and numerous other contraband items were located.
A search warrant was also executed at the address of 3400 Chambers Circle, the home of the brother of Bernard Theriot. The resident, identified as Bryan Andrew Theriot, 32, was arrested on an arrest warrant for delivery of marijuana, possession of marijuana, possession of a controlled substance (cocaine) and possession of a controlled substance (Hydrocodone). Bryan Andrew Theriot is also known as Tow Down, a local rapper.
Bernard Theriot and Bryan Theriot are currently incarcerated in the Fort Bend County Detention Facility.
Officials say this large scale hydroponics operation produces high grade marijuana that is estimated to sell on the street in a one year period of approximately $4 million.
missouri city, local
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home