Missing man found dead inside mobile home
CHANNELVIEW, TX (KTRK) -- There are big concerns in one Channelview neighborhood after a man was found dead in his home. The body was discovered by a relative of the victim last night.Neighbors tell us they are in shock by what happened, not only to their neighbor but also their friend. One man said he was with a group of people that actually forced their way into the victim's mobile home and found his body inside.
James Terry, 48, had not been seen in about three to four days. A neighbor who lives on the same property as Terry says last night, he, along with Terry's brother, Pete, tried to enter the mobile home. They eventually pried their way inside.
Harris County Sheriff's Office homicide investigators say the victim's body was found in the bathroom covered with a blanket. Investigators say he had trauma to his head. Witnesses say he had been beaten.
"We had some suspicions," said neighbor Randy Corley. "There have been some thieves around here lately. They better catch them before we do and that is a fact."
There are four mobile homes on the property. Investigators have spoken with neighbors and they have recovered additional evidence from a neighbor's home.
So far there are no suspects and no motive.
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel 29 min ago
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthough year' 30 min ago
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Brightening the holiday for underprivileged kids
- Fury and frustration over Target data breach
- Burglar picks wrong target: Prosecutor's house
- Girl left brain dead after tonsilectomy
- Stores open for 100 hours to attract shoppers 26 min ago