Missing man found dead inside mobile home
CHANNELVIEW, TX (KTRK) -- There are big concerns in one Channelview neighborhood after a man was found dead in his home. The body was discovered by a relative of the victim last night.Neighbors tell us they are in shock by what happened, not only to their neighbor but also their friend. One man said he was with a group of people that actually forced their way into the victim's mobile home and found his body inside.
James Terry, 48, had not been seen in about three to four days. A neighbor who lives on the same property as Terry says last night, he, along with Terry's brother, Pete, tried to enter the mobile home. They eventually pried their way inside.
Harris County Sheriff's Office homicide investigators say the victim's body was found in the bathroom covered with a blanket. Investigators say he had trauma to his head. Witnesses say he had been beaten.
"We had some suspicions," said neighbor Randy Corley. "There have been some thieves around here lately. They better catch them before we do and that is a fact."
There are four mobile homes on the property. Investigators have spoken with neighbors and they have recovered additional evidence from a neighbor's home.
So far there are no suspects and no motive.
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown 52 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart