Houston in running to land aviation school
Thursday, October 07, 2010
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston is in the running to land a well-known aviation school.Florida-based Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University plans on building a third campus. In the running are Houston near Ellington Field, and Rockford, Illinois, outside of Chicago. The campus would include a 5,000 square foot hangar, student housing, and 60,000 square feet of classrooms and labs. A representative with Embry-Riddle says enrollment would be at least 1,000 students. Houston city officials are still working on an incentives package to offer the school.
(Copyright ©2013 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Mail carrier's vehicle found burned in San Jacinto Co
- Boy, 6, drowns in Fort Bend County pool
- Notice smoke and haze across the Houston area?
- Witnesses rescue woman from kidnapping attempt
- Some lost everything to North Texas tornadoes
- Golfing great Ken Venturi dies at age 82
- Pct. 6 Constable Trevino center of new investigation
- Powerball jackpot jumps to $600 million
- Houston Ship Channel signals healthy economy
- SWAT situation at Alief-area home ends without arrest
- Barry Manilow concert in The Woodlands postponed
- otrc: Emma Watson talks 'tramp stamp'
- abcnews: Pat Robertson tells cheater's wife 'He's a...
- Video: Trapped ducklings saved by phone app
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos