Teens charged in kidnapping, rape and robbery
CHANNELVIEW, TX (KTRK) -- One current and one former Channelview High School students remain behind bars, accused in an armed robbery and a sexual assault. The victims are two of their classmates.Mercedez Leshion Jones, 17, and Jerricho Oneal Prince, 18, were assigned attorneys on Friday. Both the current and former student at Channelview High School are accused in the violent kidnapping, assault and robbery of two fellow students.
According to court documents, around 2am Sunday, Prince, Jones and two underage males ambushed an 18-year-old Channelview High School student as he was walking toward the school's football stadium. Court papers say the four teens held him at gunpoint, then forced him to call his girlfriend, who is also a Channelview High School student. Records say when she arrived, Prince and one of the juveniles sexually assaulted the teen girl.
Eyewitness News spoke with Jerricho Prince's attorney just minutes before he was assigned the case. He says Prince maintains his innocence, despite being identified in a lineup.
"Obviously, not having seen the lineup, is going to be, of course, an issue as well," said defense attorney Brett Podolsky.
Investigators believe the victims did not know their attackers. Meanwhile, Prince's case has been reset to November. He and Jones are in jail, held on $30,000 bond. The two juvenile suspects are also in custody.
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake