Baytown council weighs higher pet registration fees
BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) -- Animal owners in Baytown could soon have to shell out some extra cash to keep their pets.Council members will vote tonight on a new animal control ordinance. The law would require the annual registration of all dogs and cats. The proposed fee is $5 for a neutered dog or cat and $15 for one that is not neutered.
The rate would be reduced for senior citizens to $1 and $5. Pets would also be required to wear registration tags.
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped 25 min ago
- HISD principal, administrator arrested in Alabama
- Vandals strike vehicles in Woodland Heights
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Holiday mail, shipping: You're running out of time! 4 min ago
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Know the guy in this surveillance video?
- Driveway theft of 200lb generator caught on camera 19 min ago
- SAPD: Fatally shot student from Baytown charged officer 45 min ago
- Stockman challenges Cornyn in Texas US Senate race
- Raw sewage seeping into Oak Forest homes
- Restaurant apologizes for racist sign
- Coach accused of tattooing a minor