Highway 59 closed near Rosenberg due to wreck
ROSENBERG, TX (KTRK) -- A major wreck over the weekend is still causing traffic hassles near Rosenberg.At about 9pm Monday, Rosenberg police received a call of a major accident on Highway 59 north at Cottonwood School Road. The accident involved an 18-wheeler and a passenger car.
As a result of the accident, the truck overturned and began spilling its load of molten tar on the roadway. The driver of the big rig was transported by Fort Bend County EMS to Oak Bend Hospital where he was treated for his injuries and released. The passengers in the other vehicle were not injured. Details of the cause of the accident are still under investigation.
The main lanes of Highway 59 southbound remain closed Tuesday morning, with traffic being diverted to the feeder roads. Cleanup and evaluation of the roadway is being coordinated by TxDOT and is continuing. This work is expected to be completed and the roadway open later today. The current estimated time for reopening of the roadway is 5pm.
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony 23 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom 5 min ago
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers 1 min ago
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend in Mexico
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston