ABC's Sam Champion's dad dies in Houston
HOUSTON -- Good Morning America's Sam Champion is mourning the loss of his dad.After a life of service to his country and his family, Lt. Col. James H. Champion, U.S. Marine Corps (retired) passed away October 25 in Houston, Texas.
To learn more about Sam's dad and his military service, please visit ABCNews.com.
Lt. Col. Champion is survived by his wife of 53 years Sylvia (Murphy) Champion, son Samuel James Champion (NYC), daughter Teresa Champion, son-in-law John Quigley, grandchildren Sydney and James Quigley.
In lieu of flowers the family respectfully requests any donations in memoriam be made to:
MD Anderson Cancer Center (RE: Lt. Col. J. H. Champion), PO Box 4486, Houston, TX 77210 or Virginia Autism Project at VirginiaAutismProject.org
abc, good morning america, local
- Police: 2 dead after car crashes into crowd in Austin 38 min ago
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Woman delivers her own baby on drive to hospital
- Police: Man tried to run over triple amputee in N. Houston
- Gas blast destroys 2 NY buildings; 5 people dead 12 min ago
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry 27 min ago
- Authorities investigating second auto-pedestrian in NW Harris...
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves 1 min ago
- George Zimmerman's parents suing Roseanne Barr
- Man steals SUV with child inside, carjacks two others
- Elementary school seeks to offer kids nutritious food
- Video shows suspects setting fire to store full of puppies