Man accused of kidnapping ex-girlfriend near club
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is accused of kidnapping his ex-girlfriend then throwing her in a dumpster and spraying her with lighter fluid.It happened near the Southwest Freeway and Wilcrest. She escaped while he searched for a lighter.
Authorities say the man became enraged when he saw his ex-girlfriend at a west Houston nightclub and allegedly abducted her.
Investigators believe he hit her with a tire iron, ripped off her dress and threw her in a dumpster. She managed to escape in an SUV and then flagged down a deputy on the freeway feeder.
The suspect is in custody at Memorial Hermann Hospital and is being treated for a head injury. He could face several charges.
- Severe weather possible this morning
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 14 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- A&E claims death threats since Robertson's suspension 13 min ago
- New Houston light rail line to open for business 1 min ago
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- Prosecutors: 4 held in deadly NJ mall carjacking 20 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 18 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish