Man accused of kidnapping ex-girlfriend near club
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is accused of kidnapping his ex-girlfriend then throwing her in a dumpster and spraying her with lighter fluid.It happened near the Southwest Freeway and Wilcrest. She escaped while he searched for a lighter.
Authorities say the man became enraged when he saw his ex-girlfriend at a west Houston nightclub and allegedly abducted her.
Investigators believe he hit her with a tire iron, ripped off her dress and threw her in a dumpster. She managed to escape in an SUV and then flagged down a deputy on the freeway feeder.
The suspect is in custody at Memorial Hermann Hospital and is being treated for a head injury. He could face several charges.
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident 10 min ago
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston 42 min ago
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested 56 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County 4 min ago
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes 6 min ago
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties 40 min ago
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Bakery owner turned hobby into successful...
30 min ago