Teen suspect in racing deaths appears in court
Thursday, November 04, 2010
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A judge Thursday put restrictions on a teenager charged in an accident that killed a family of three.Christopher Yovino, 17, is charged with three felony counts of racing causing death. Prosecutors say Yovino and another teenage driver, Brett Taylor, were racing when Yovino slammed into a minivan. The accident killed Mayra Torres, her 14-year-old son Christopher Nuno and her 6-year-old Katia. In court today, Yovino was given a $90,000 bond. He's not allowed to drive, has a curfew from 8pm to 6am and must submit to random drug tests. Taylor is also charged in the accident.
(Copyright ©2014 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Captain of S. Korea ferry among first to escape
- TDCJ van carrying prisoners crashes near El Campo
- Armed robber was never told to report to prison
- Photos: Know any of Harris County's featured...
- 'Real Housewives' star Porsha Williams arrested
- Police: Fight over woman ends in fatal stabbing
- Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide
- 'Mrs. Doubtfire' sequel in the works?
- Chip in at Chipotle for Discovery Green