Judge Emmett injures shoulder playing tennis
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Harris County Judge Ed Emmett was injured during an early-morning tennis match on Monday and has been advised by doctors that he will probably require surgery to repair his injured right shoulder.According to his staff, Judge Emmett fell and landed on his shoulder during a tennis match with a friend, suffering a "Stage 3 Acromioclavicular (AC) Separation," meaning that the two ligaments at the joint were both torn and the shoulder displaced. He is resting at home and will visit an orthopedic surgeon Tuesday to determine a surgery date.
Staff members are reviewing the judge's schedule and working on rescheduling many of his appointments.
Judge Emmett said he is eager to return to the office as soon as possible and that he was hopeful he could still attend some events later this week that could not be rescheduled.
ed emmett, local
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena 20 min ago
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire 22 min ago
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan 13 min ago
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive