Judge Emmett injures shoulder playing tennis
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Harris County Judge Ed Emmett was injured during an early-morning tennis match on Monday and has been advised by doctors that he will probably require surgery to repair his injured right shoulder.According to his staff, Judge Emmett fell and landed on his shoulder during a tennis match with a friend, suffering a "Stage 3 Acromioclavicular (AC) Separation," meaning that the two ligaments at the joint were both torn and the shoulder displaced. He is resting at home and will visit an orthopedic surgeon Tuesday to determine a surgery date.
Staff members are reviewing the judge's schedule and working on rescheduling many of his appointments.
Judge Emmett said he is eager to return to the office as soon as possible and that he was hopeful he could still attend some events later this week that could not be rescheduled.
ed emmett, local
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!
- Will Pearland mom be named most 'unstoppable' today?
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Photos: Jet's landing gear collapses in Philadelphia
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale