Driver dies after slamming car into pole in NW Harris Co.
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A car crash in northwest Harris County last night killed a man.Deputies say a car smashed into a pole at the intersection at Cypress Rosehill and Huffmeister. The driver died at the scene.
Investigators say the driver was traveling at a high rate of speed at the time of the crash and somehow lost control. Deputies will also look into whether the victim was racing another car.
This isn't the first time someone has died at that intersection. Last April, deputies say the driver of a Ford Mustang was speeding when he lost control of the vehicle and crashed into a pole. The driver was also killed. Authorities say they don't see any problems with the roadway.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail