Duplex fire leaves a dozen people homeless
Wednesday, December 08, 2010
FREEPORT, TX (KTRK) -- A fire destroyed a duplex and left 12 people homeless in Freeport.It happened late last night on west Eighth Street near Yaupon. According to Brazoria County newspaper The Facts, a female resident smelled smoke and got her husband and kids out of the house. A member of the second family in the duplex was coming home when he saw the flames. He ran inside and woke up his family. Everyone got out safely.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
(Copyright ©2014 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 13 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects