Man accused of decapitating religious statue
Friday, December 10, 2010
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A local Catholic church hit by vandals will go ahead with its celebration of the feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.Someone destroyed an angel in front of Queen at Peace Catholic Church along Telephone Road near Wayside. The vandal also decapitated the head of one of the Our Lady of Guadalupe statues and broke off her hands. Other church members caught a 27-year-old man they say caused the damage. "I think first and foremost we have to forgive him. As a Catholic we're taught to forgive, but I don't think he should escape punishment from the law," church member Alice Torres said. The church plans to hold its Our Lady of Guadalupe Fest Day on Sunday. The church told us it will cost them $5,200 to repair the damage.
(Copyright ©2014 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 39 min ago
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop 37 min ago
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven 19 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Gov. Perry to appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
22 min ago