Arrest made in Montrose club stabbing
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say they've arrested a man suspected in the fatal stabbing of another man outside a club in the Montrose area last Friday.Lydell Grant, 33, is charged with murder, accused in the killing of Aaron Michael Scheerhoorn, 28, of Houston.
Scheerhoorn was seen running in the 2500 block of Crocker with a man chasing him. The victim ran up to the entrance door of Club Blur located at 710 Pacific. There, police say he pleaded for help and said he had been stabbed. At that time, he fell to the ground in the parking lot and was stabbed multiple times by the man chasing him.
There were several witnesses to the stabbing, including security personnel from the nightclub and several club patrons. The suspect then fled on foot eastbound on Pacific. Scheerhoorn was taken to Ben Taub General Hospital were he was pronounced dead.
Police released a brief description of the suspect as a black male wearing an orange turtleneck sweater and black pants. Acting on a Crime Stoppers tip, investigators say they determined the identity of the suspect to be Grant. He was arrested without incident during a traffic stop in the 3200 block of the South Loop West about 1am Wednesday.
- weather: Rain moving through our area
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- North Loop WB at Highway 290 shut down due to lost load 46 min ago
- Search for missing jet now includes 25 countries
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- HISD expanding dual language program
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Houston Ship Channel collision under investigation
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?