Arrest made in Montrose club stabbing
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say they've arrested a man suspected in the fatal stabbing of another man outside a club in the Montrose area last Friday.Lydell Grant, 33, is charged with murder, accused in the killing of Aaron Michael Scheerhoorn, 28, of Houston.
Scheerhoorn was seen running in the 2500 block of Crocker with a man chasing him. The victim ran up to the entrance door of Club Blur located at 710 Pacific. There, police say he pleaded for help and said he had been stabbed. At that time, he fell to the ground in the parking lot and was stabbed multiple times by the man chasing him.
There were several witnesses to the stabbing, including security personnel from the nightclub and several club patrons. The suspect then fled on foot eastbound on Pacific. Scheerhoorn was taken to Ben Taub General Hospital were he was pronounced dead.
Police released a brief description of the suspect as a black male wearing an orange turtleneck sweater and black pants. Acting on a Crime Stoppers tip, investigators say they determined the identity of the suspect to be Grant. He was arrested without incident during a traffic stop in the 3200 block of the South Loop West about 1am Wednesday.
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Severe weather clears Houston 11 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- New Houston light rail line to open for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested
- 4 arrested on murder charges in NJ mall carjacking
- Ice pellets and snow frustrate holiday travel rush
- 'Topless' protest falls flat on Brazil beach 57 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?