One suspect charged in West U. burglary
WEST UNIVERSITY, TX (KTRK) -- One suspect has been charged in connection with the burglary of a West University home. Four others are in custody.Police were out in full force last night after getting reports of several home break-ins in West University. Our newsroom was flooded with phone calls from neighbors wondering why a Houston Police Department helicopter was circling their home.
In all, there were three burglaries. Police think the suspects were just looking to sell items quickly for holiday cash and it was revealed when a teenage girl noticed four men in the backyard of a house who didn't belong there and called police.
When police arrived, they saw one man coming out of the backyard and took him into custody. The others took off, jumping fences to get away. Police found one hiding, but had to launch a search for the other suspects.
"We requested assistance from outside agencies," said Sgt. Joe Klinkovsky with the West University Police Department. "Houston, METRO, K9 showed up, along with helicopters and we did a search in the area for suspects."West University police told us that only one suspect in custody has been charged. Isaac Williams, 21, was one of the suspects arrested and he is charged with burglary in connection with the break-ins Wednesday night. They say another person was detained on Bissonnet, but the District Attorney's Office wouldn't accept the charges because there was nothing to link him to the break-in. A third person was charged with failure to identify himself to police. A car that drove to the house containing two women, a man and a small child was stopped at the scene. Police say that the two women were taken into custody on outstanding traffic warrants, but were not charged with burglary. According to police, two TV sets were found in the backyard of the home. It's unclear what other property might have been taken from the home. Two other West University homes had break-ins Wednesday night. A house on Auden and one on Robinhood were hit in what police are calling a possible burglary ring.
west university, local
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Black Friday shoppers' credit card info at risk
- Girl, 10, found safely after overnight search
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Firefighters battle blaze at Katy Taco Bell 8 min ago
- Police: Multiple casualties following London theater collapse 36 min ago
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual'
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home 37 min ago
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death 23 min ago
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Valuable artifacts stolen from historic home
- Man found reading Bible after chase in NW Harris Co.
- METRO bus involved in accident near Reliant Park
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos