Lightning strike blamed for Cy-Fair house fire
Saturday, December 25, 2010
CY-FAIR, TX (KTRK) -- A lightning strike is blamed for starting a fire that destroyed a home in Cy-Fair.The home on Clayton Hill was already engulfed in flames by the time firefighters arrived. Crews couldn't fight the flames inside the home because the roof was collapsing. The homeowners told investigators their home was hit by lightning during last night's storms. The fire didn't start until a few hours after the strike. No one was hurt, but the house was gutted. The fire department says it's a good idea to ask firefighters to check out your house if you think it's been struck by lightning, even if you don't see any fire right away.
(Copyright ©2013 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
cypress fairbanks, local
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class
- Will the mascots remain the same?
- Recognize the guy in this sketch?
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft 5 min ago
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Parents want justice for son's shooting death 7 min ago
- Accused stiletto heel killer out on bond 46 min ago
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Do you know this week's StopHoustonGangs.org fugitive? 45 min ago
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- House approves budget bill; now goes to Senate
- 'Fake' interpreter: 'I was hallucinating'
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
25 min ago
abc13.com News Links