Fire strikes home in the Heights
Tuesday, February 01, 2011
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A house in the Heights caught fire Tuesday afternoon.The blaze happened around 3:15pm on Yale near 15th Street. The Houston Fire Department was called out to a building fire and firefighters could see fire and heavy smoke when they arrived. They say the high winds helped fan the fire. The fire was tapped out around 3:50pm. The roof collapsed on the building. No one was hurt. We're told a postal worker saw the house burning and alerted the resident, who was next door when it started. Arson has been called out to investigate the cause of the blaze.
(Copyright ©2013 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Video: Health care sign up deadline approaching
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Beautiful lights for a good cause
26 min ago
abc13.com News Links