Slick roads blamed for wreck that killed two in Mont. Co.
Friday, February 04, 2011
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two people were killed in an accident in northeast Montgomery County.About 6:50am Friday, a Tacoma pickup was driving westbound on Highway 105 at Willis Waukegan Rd. in Cut and Shoot when it started to slide and fishtailed on ice. The Tacoma then collided with an eastbound vehicle. The cab of the Tacoma was sheared off in the accident and both male occupants died at the scene. The driver of the other vehicle did not suffer serious injury. The Department of Public Safety said the two victims have been identified as Giovanni Gomes, 31, and Jose Gomes, 56, both of Conroe. In addition, the Department of Public Safety told us that there were another 60 or so accidents with a total of nine injuries on Mongomery County roads.
(Copyright ©2014 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
snow, storm, local
- HPD officer responding to call involved in wreck
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- College students paid to take a year off?
- HoustonRodeo 'Moves like Jagger'
- Lights go out at Jones Hall, but concert-goers have a blast
- Tooth Fairy 45% more generous in 2013
- Man hit, killed while trying to cross East Freeway
- Free Stuff Friday!
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Photos: Jet's landing gear collapses in Philadelphia
- Photos: $2.35 million Modern Family home for sale
- Americans spend $56 billion on pets
abc13.com News Links