Former Stafford officer indicted on theft charge
STAFFORD, TX (KTRK) -- A former officer has been indicted after nearly $14,000 in funds was discovered missing from the Stafford Police Department's property room.Former Stafford officer Paul Germany was indicted on felony charges of theft and abuse of official capacity, according to the Stafford Police Department. The funds were discovered missing back in September of last year when the department was implementing a new system for the property room.
After an investigation by Stafford police and the Texas Rangers, a Ft. Bend County grand jury returned the indictments against Germany.
Germany was fired on October 26. He was arrested last Wednesday at the Ft. Bend County Sheriff's office and was released on a $10,000 bond.
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting 56 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- One dead in auto-pedestrian wreck on south side of town
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston 54 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment 33 min ago
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians