Man critically injured in Clear Lake house fire
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is in the hospital with burns to 80 percent of his body after his home went up in flames in Clear Lake Thursday night.The fire broke out at a home in the 15000 block of Lake Lodge Drive and Bay Forest . When firefighters arrived, they found a man, who's believed to be in his 60s, unconscious.
Neighbors say that around 8pm Thursday, they heard a loud pop then saw all the fire trucks. When firefighters made their way inside they found the man lying in the family room, near his fireplace.
"They began performing CPR. He was taken to Memorial Herman Hospital where he has burns over 80 percent of his body. He is in critical condition," said the Houston Fire Department PIO, Patrick Trahan.
Paramedics were giving him CPR en route to Memorial Hermann Hospital, where he is listed in critical condition. The victim was the only person inside the home and is believed to have lived alone.
Not much damage could be seen from the front of the house, but damage was visible in the back.
Firefighters suspect the fire started in the kitchen, possibly on the stove, but arson investigators are still trying to determine the official cause of the blaze.
clear lake, local
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah
- ESPN: Johnny Football signs multi-year deal
- Employers add 175K jobs despite harsh weather
- Push-up jeans promise bigger booty
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Recipes to make deep fried treats at home
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos