Man critically injured in Clear Lake house fire
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man is in the hospital with burns to 80 percent of his body after his home went up in flames in Clear Lake Thursday night.The fire broke out at a home in the 15000 block of Lake Lodge Drive and Bay Forest . When firefighters arrived, they found a man, who's believed to be in his 60s, unconscious.
Neighbors say that around 8pm Thursday, they heard a loud pop then saw all the fire trucks. When firefighters made their way inside they found the man lying in the family room, near his fireplace.
"They began performing CPR. He was taken to Memorial Herman Hospital where he has burns over 80 percent of his body. He is in critical condition," said the Houston Fire Department PIO, Patrick Trahan.
Paramedics were giving him CPR en route to Memorial Hermann Hospital, where he is listed in critical condition. The victim was the only person inside the home and is believed to have lived alone.
Not much damage could be seen from the front of the house, but damage was visible in the back.
Firefighters suspect the fire started in the kitchen, possibly on the stove, but arson investigators are still trying to determine the official cause of the blaze.
clear lake, local
- Nelson Mandela dies at 95
- Arctic cold front blows in
- New details emerge about bizarre alleged break-in 35 min ago
- Bank-robbing dad gets 24 years in prison 24 min ago
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela 30 min ago
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela 30 min ago
- Teen girl charged in fight caught on video
- Are more toll lanes what Katy Freeway needs? 49 min ago
- Texans vs. Jags on ABC13 tonight
- Topless woman chases peeping tom through store
- Dead baby's mother testifies in murder trial 18 min ago
- Officials: Texas teacher shot, killed in Benghazi 15 min ago
- No charges for FSU QB accused of rape
- Burning stolen truck missing $180,000 of tools