Deer Park residents help enforce handicap parking laws
DEER PARK, TX (KTRK) -- Residents in Deer Park are doing their part to help authorities enforce handicap parking laws.Dozens of citizens are now trained and authorized to give citations, when they spot vehicles illegally parked in handicap spots.
The police department says the Citizen Program will free up officers to focus on other more serious crimes.
deer park, local
- Vandals strike vehicles in Heights neighborhood
- Parts of Astrodome demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Police say girl finds her murdered mother
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Big rig driver involved in deadly wreck due in court today
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- More cold air moves in; sunshine returns tomorrow
- Video: Amazing video from N. Texas after winter...
- Just what we needed - a tougher cockroach
- Texas touts law protecting Christmas in schools
- Gary Kubiak thanks team, fans in full page ad
- Good idea or bad? Baby bouncy chair with attached iPad
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle