Fertitta announces he's buying The Trump Hotel and Casino
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One of the biggest casinos on the east coast will now have a Houston owner.Tilman Fertitta, owner of Houston-based Landry's Restaurants announced this morning that he is buying the Trump Hotel and Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey. "Wha'st amazing about it is 30 percent of the population of the United States is within a four to five hour drive and this is a great opprtunity. It was built in the late 80s, it's got huge spaces. It can really make Atlantic City a destination resort," Fertitta told Eyewitness News.
Fertitta, the owner of the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas, will rename the Trump, the Golden Nugget of Atlantic City. He plans to spend millions of dollars renovating the Trump, adding restaurants and bars and updating rooms and luxury suites.
The Trump is just the latest in a string of big purchases for Fertitta, who bought out shareholders last year and has since bought Bubba Gumps and Claim Jumpers restaurant chains.
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase in NE Houston 13 min ago
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Information on price tags decoded
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY 1 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
17 min ago