Woman disfigured in brutal attack
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Harris County Sheriff's deputies have arrested a man they say brutally attacked his estranged wife. They are calling it one of the most brutal and vicious crimes they have ever seen. We have to warn you this case is very disturbing.The suspect is in jail. The details of this case are so graphic that we can't even repeat some of them. Even veteran investigators are calling this the worst case of abuse they've seen in recent memory.
Lt. Ruben Diaz with the Sex Crimes said, "This victim was tortured, she was mutilated, she was kept against her will."
Emotional investigators didn't mince words as they detailed the gruesome sexual assault on a 33-year-old Houston woman that has left her permanently disfigured.
Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia said, "God help me if such an animal were ever to introduce himself to my family."
On Thursday, deputies, along with members of the Gulf Coast Task Force, arrested Gregory Longoria, Jr., for violently attacking his estranged wife in his apartment. Officials say the woman left her common-law husband six months ago, after he repeatedly accused her of cheating. This week, investigators say Longoria drove to her home and threatened to kill her, her disabled parents and her children if she didn't follow his orders.
Court documents reveal Longoria tied her to his bed using extension cords, then began striking her in the face with his hand. The beating left bruises to her chest, neck and arms. Then he allegedly choked her with a belt around her neck and burned her body.
Lt. Diaz explained, "He had the baby asleep on the couch in the next room, probably listening to her own mother's screams for help."
After enduring 17 hours of torture, the woman got away to a hospital and the incident was reported to authorities. Within hours, Longoria was arrested. Sgt. James Bilinovich with the Gulf Coast Task Force was the one who picked him up. He describes Longoria as un-remorseful.
"He didn't have a whole lot to say," recalled Sgt. Bilinovich. "Once we pulled him out of the vehicle, he was placed in a vehicle and immediately taken to a substation. He didn't have a whole lot to say to us."
The woman is still recovering at an area hospital. Her one-year-old child was not harmed.
Longoria is being held at the Harris County Jail. He is charged with aggravated assault of a family member, causing serious bodily injury. The second degree felony could carry a punishment of between 2 and 20 years behind bars and a fine of up to $10,000.
local, sonia azad
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course