SE Harris County man charged with capital murder
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A southeast Harris County man is facing capital murder charges. He's accused in a violent attack that left a young child dead.According to court documents, on Monday, Milton Rolando Paz hit Miriam Paz, a child under the age of 6, with his hand and an unknown blunt object.
Court documents go on to say that the elder Paz also struck the child against an unknown blunt object and a wall.
According to Houston police, Paz originally told them that a one-year-old child was responsible for the death.
Paz was arrested on Tuesday and is due in court on Thursday. Bond has not been set in this case.
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar 17 min ago
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver 13 min ago
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects 9 min ago
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game