Spring man attending UMass faces weapons charges
Friday, March 04, 2011
DARTMOUTH, MA -- A University of Massachusetts Law School student wanted in Texas has been arrested on firearms and assault charges.John Ethan Cassidy of Spring, Texas was ordered held pending a dangerousness hearing at his arraignment Thursday in New Bedford District Court. He pleaded not guilty to charges including possessing firearms without the proper permits. Police say the 26-year-old first-year law student was arrested Wednesday. Police who searched his apartment in Dartmouth say they found an AK-47 and a 9 mm handgun as well as hundreds of rounds of ammunition. Police also allege he assaulted his roommate. Cassidy is under suspicion in Texas for possessing explosive components. His lawyer said the guns were bought legally in Texas and Cassidy was in the process of applying for permits in Massachusetts.
(Copyright ©2013 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
- Suspects posing as officers break into home
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Great deals on Wednesdays at Thrift Store Outlet
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Doctor accused of poisoning fellow physician due in court
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Man shot while behind the wheel in SE Houston
abc13.com News Links