Two boys accused of setting multiple grass fires
Thursday, March 10, 2011
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two juvenile suspects were arrested Wednesday afternoon for setting multiple grass fires in the Cypress-Fairbanks area of northwest Harris County, fire marshals say.The Cy-Fair Fire Department responded to several 911 calls for nine grass fires around 3:30pm Monday. All fires were near the intersection of Timber Creek Place and Addicks Satsuma Road. Dry conditions and high winds fueled the fires, making it difficult for firefighters to extinguish the flames. "Our investigation and witness statements indicated the fires were intentionally set by juvenile males seen running from the fields," said Scott Schoonover with the Harris County Fire Marshal's Office. Both juveniles were charged with 2nd degree arson, a felony, and will be referred to the Harris County Fire Marshal's Juvenile Fire Stoppers Program.
(Copyright ©2013 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
cypress fairbanks, local
- Kubiak era ends in Houston 13 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery on UH campus
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- President Obama remarks on passing of Mandela
- Reaction to passing of Nelson Mandela
- How Mandela changed everything with a rugby jersey
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- Photos: Share Your Holidays Food Drive
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota!
- 'Cannibal sandwiches' sicken Wisconsin residents
- David Nuno gets reaction from Owen Daniels
11 min ago
- Keenum to start rest of season; UH students...
20 min ago
abc13.com News Links