Man accused of assaulting his elderly mother
BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) -- A Baytown man is in jail, accused of assaulting his disabled 74-year-old mother.On March 8, the woman called the Baytown Police Department, alleging she had been assaulted by her 33-year-old son.
Police say the victim suffers from physical disabilities and has been victimized by her son in the past. The woman told officers that her son had come to her home and pushed her around, eventually forcing her onto her bed and choking her. She told police her son said he was going to "kill her and end it all."
The woman's son, Lawrence Weston Payne, was charged with injury to an elderly person, a third-degree felony. He was arrested after he returned to the victim's home and tried to gain entry. Payne is currently being held without bond in the Harris County Jail.
- Coyote's wild run through Hobby, but no roadrunner in sight
- Video from violent fast food robbery released
- Man collapses in street and dies in SW Houston
- Time Magazine names its Person of the Year
- Suspect to bank teller: 'I'm having a bad day'
- Wreck causes fire in Tomball gas station parking lot
- Alcohol sales rules could change in Houston
- Mom accused of whipping girl with jump rope
- 'Operation Safe-T-Net' results in child porn charges 50 min ago
- Houston car thieves' wish list 42 min ago
- Spring woman accused of injuring elderly man
- Lombardi Award finalists hang with kids from TCH
- Mandela ceremony interpreter deemed a 'fake'
- Marine's body sent home without heart
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos