Hackers get into downtown Houston construction signs
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A hacker is on the loose after trying to steer drivers wrong in downtown Houston.Over the weekend, the hacker changed the big orange letters on a construction sign on Louisiana and Prairie. The word "Detour" was re-written as "Poop." Then yesterday, a smiley face and "LOL" were programmed into the sign.
TxDOT isn't laughing out loud. It's warning that road sign hackers can be fined up to $500.
Thanks to a viewer for sending us the above photo through our iWitness reports.
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos