Hackers get into downtown Houston construction signs
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A hacker is on the loose after trying to steer drivers wrong in downtown Houston.Over the weekend, the hacker changed the big orange letters on a construction sign on Louisiana and Prairie. The word "Detour" was re-written as "Poop." Then yesterday, a smiley face and "LOL" were programmed into the sign.
TxDOT isn't laughing out loud. It's warning that road sign hackers can be fined up to $500.
Thanks to a viewer for sending us the above photo through our iWitness reports.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat