Hackers get into downtown Houston construction signs
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A hacker is on the loose after trying to steer drivers wrong in downtown Houston.Over the weekend, the hacker changed the big orange letters on a construction sign on Louisiana and Prairie. The word "Detour" was re-written as "Poop." Then yesterday, a smiley face and "LOL" were programmed into the sign.
TxDOT isn't laughing out loud. It's warning that road sign hackers can be fined up to $500.
Thanks to a viewer for sending us the above photo through our iWitness reports.
- Traffic headache remains near La Porte 26 min ago
- Plans for Astrodome's fate to be discussed
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Authorities raid alleged stash house in SE Houston 19 min ago
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Mentally disabled mother, child held captive in Ohio
- Juneteenth celebrations being held in Galveston, Houston
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- abcnews: NFL player's home searched after killing
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos