Hackers get into downtown Houston construction signs
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A hacker is on the loose after trying to steer drivers wrong in downtown Houston.Over the weekend, the hacker changed the big orange letters on a construction sign on Louisiana and Prairie. The word "Detour" was re-written as "Poop." Then yesterday, a smiley face and "LOL" were programmed into the sign.
TxDOT isn't laughing out loud. It's warning that road sign hackers can be fined up to $500.
Thanks to a viewer for sending us the above photo through our iWitness reports.
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony 36 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom 18 min ago
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers 14 min ago
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend in Mexico
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston