Fire breaks out at Pasadena chemical plant
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
PASADENA, TX (KTRK) -- Firefighters knocked out a fire at a chemical plant in the Pasadena area Wednesday morning.The fire broke out at the Ablemarle plant on South Street around 2am. Police tell us the chemical di-mythl-aluminum chloride was released into the air. However, the smoke cloud does not pose any danger. The chemical is used in the making of plastics.
There was no shelter in place or evacuations ordered. There were no reports of injuries.
(Copyright ©2013 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- Will Dome still be standing come Super Bowl time?
- Thieves get away with $100,000 in loot
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces 6 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 2017 Super Bowl means transformations for downtown
- Sergio Garcia apologizes to Tiger Woods about comment
- Meet Houston Symphony's newest music director
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- 1 child dead, 1 missing in Minn. park landslide 32 min ago
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges 8 min ago
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
abc13.com News Links