Hitchcock ISD prepares to declare financial crisis
HITCHCOCK, TX (KTRK) -- Tonight, the Hitchcock school board in Galveston County is expected to declare a financial emergency.Hitchcock ISD is the latest district to take action because of the writing on the wall they see in Austin. The state is slashing education money statewide. According to the Galveston County Daily News, Hitchcock schools will lose about $2 million. Tonight's school board meeting is at 6:30pm.
If Hitchcock ISD declares a financial emergency tonight, it will be the second district in Galveston County to do so.
La Marque ISD started the process of laying off staff earlier this month. Friendswood ISD is also letting go some staff.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston 51 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects