U of H student dies after crashing into big rig
Friday, April 15, 2011
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A driver was killed when he crashed into an 18-wheeler in northeast Houston.It happened around 9pm last night on the North Loop near McCarty. Police say the 18-wheeler was traveling down McCarty and tried to make a left turn. That's when the driver of a car drove under the trailer, cutting the top of the car off. The 21-year-old driver was a student at U of H and died instantly. The truck driver was not hurt.
Police are investigating to see which driver ran the red light.
The victim's identity hasn't been released.
(Copyright ©2014 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
university of houston, local
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse 54 min ago
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared 51 min ago
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box 32 min ago
- Two charged in death of North Texas student
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Big quake strikes off N. California, no tsunami threat
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
abc13.com News Links