U of H student dies after crashing into big rig
Friday, April 15, 2011
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A driver was killed when he crashed into an 18-wheeler in northeast Houston.It happened around 9pm last night on the North Loop near McCarty. Police say the 18-wheeler was traveling down McCarty and tried to make a left turn. That's when the driver of a car drove under the trailer, cutting the top of the car off. The 21-year-old driver was a student at U of H and died instantly. The truck driver was not hurt.
Police are investigating to see which driver ran the red light.
The victim's identity hasn't been released.
(Copyright ©2014 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
university of houston, local
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Mom reunited with child after car theft
- Big facelift proposed for Bush Airport terminal
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City
- School: Fourth-graders caught selling pot on campus
- Police: Intoxicated mom pushed baby in stroller 42 min ago
- Katy ISD student reportedly abducted from campus 56 min ago
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Video: Cabbies compete for ride business
- Video: Pope Francis stirs up a little controversy
- Man wants to remove 'murder' tattoo before murder trial
- Club's opening night ends in deadly gunfire
- Boy, 9, sang gospel until abductor released him
- Van smashes into home in northwest Harris Co.
abc13.com News Links