Actor James Franco to attend UH
Thursday, April 21, 2011
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Actor James Franco is planning to have major ties to Houston.University of Houston officials confirmed on Thursday that the actor is expected to begin his doctoral work at the university in the fall of 2012. Originally, he was scheduled to enter the fall 2011 program, but asked for a year's deferral so he could continue teaching a poetry-to-film course at New York University. Franco is best known for his role as Harry Osborn in Spider-Man and politician Harvy Milk's boyfriend in the biopic Milk, for which he earned an Independent Spirit Award for Best Supporting Actor.
The California native also co-hosted the 2011 Oscars with actress Anne Hathaway and was nominated for Best Actor for his role in the film 127 Hours.
(Copyright ©2013 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
university of houston, local
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Black Friday shoppers' credit card info at risk
- Girl, 10, found safely after overnight search
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Firefighters battle blaze at Katy Taco Bell 7 min ago
- Police: Multiple casualties following London theater collapse 35 min ago
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual'
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home 36 min ago
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death 22 min ago
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Valuable artifacts stolen from historic home
- Man found reading Bible after chase in NW Harris Co.
- METRO bus involved in accident near Reliant Park
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos