Area students jump from Texas State dorm window
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A college student from Alvin died when she jumped out the window of her dorm at Texas State UniversityStudents held a vigil on campus in San Marcos last night to remember Eirin Ann Hicks. Investigators are still trying to understand why Hicks and two other students jumped out the first floor window of Laurel Hall yesterday. It's a six foot fall.
A university spokesperson say Hicks suffered head and neck injuries and died at a hospital in Austin. She was a resident advisor and popular student on campus.
"We have had counselors on site from our counseling center talking to the students, seeing what we can do to better serve their needs," said university spokesperson Mark Hendricks.
One of the other students who jumped was Kristen McCreery of Cypress. She's in fair condition with back injuries. A male student who jumped first was not hurt.
- Boy, 15, bitten by shark at Surfside Beach
- Court says pre-Miranda silence can be used
- Police: Teen dies trying to protect his mom
- Bullet-proof glass saves store clerk during shooting
- Robbers hit jewelry store in The Woodlands
- One dead in multi-vehicle wreck in N. Harris Co.
- Resident fights to save tree in The Heights
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Webster flower shop murder shocks community
- NASA picks 8 new astronauts, 4 of them women
- Photos: Daytime Emmy Awards red carpet arrivals
- otrc: Kim Kardashian gives birth to baby girl
- abcnews: Burned woman warns of spa dangers
- Video: Good Samaritan stabbed by own sword