Area students jump from Texas State dorm window
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A college student from Alvin died when she jumped out the window of her dorm at Texas State UniversityStudents held a vigil on campus in San Marcos last night to remember Eirin Ann Hicks. Investigators are still trying to understand why Hicks and two other students jumped out the first floor window of Laurel Hall yesterday. It's a six foot fall.
A university spokesperson say Hicks suffered head and neck injuries and died at a hospital in Austin. She was a resident advisor and popular student on campus.
"We have had counselors on site from our counseling center talking to the students, seeing what we can do to better serve their needs," said university spokesperson Mark Hendricks.
One of the other students who jumped was Kristen McCreery of Cypress. She's in fair condition with back injuries. A male student who jumped first was not hurt.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 4 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects