Boy, 14, critically injured after being struck by car
ALVIN, TX (KTRK) -- Brazoria County Sheriff's Office investigators are investigating an auto-pedestrian accident involving a 14-year-old near Alvin.Brazoria County sheriff's deputies say the 14-year-old was riding his bike last night on County Road 145 near County Road 150 by Harby Junior High School. He was thrown into a ditch after he was hit.
Police say it was dark, and the driver who hit the boy apparently didn't see him. The driver involved in the accident did stay at the scene.
The boy was transported via LifeFlight to an area hospital in critical condition.No other details were immediately available.
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well 28 min ago
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43 12 min ago
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms 14 min ago
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- John Paul's legacy stained by sex abuse scandal