Man leads police on chase in The Heights
A Police chase with a drunken driver in The Heights overnight ended with the suspect being caught by a K-9.Around 12:30am Saturday, a driver on the Katy Freeway called 9-1-1 to report that a suspected drunken driver was heading east on I-10 in a pickup truck.
A Houston Police Department unit caught up to the pickup just before the 610 West Loop. Officials said the officer tried to pull over the driver, but he took off.
The officer gave chase to the Studemont exit where the pursuing police car was involved in an accident.
Other units continued the chase down Cortlandt until the pickup reached the dead end and the suspect jumped out and ran.
Police said a K-9 unit was right behind him, and the dog caught him at the bayou.
The man was arrested and treated at the scene for a dog bite.
Investigators said the suspect was intoxicated and they believe that's why he ran.
The officer was not hurt in his minor accident, officials said.
- Traffic headache remains near La Porte
- Plans for Astrodome's fate to be discussed
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Authorities raid alleged stash house in SE Houston
- 8 hurt, some seriously, when car jumps curb in NYC
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Mentally disabled mother, child held captive in Ohio
- Juneteenth celebrations being held in Galveston, Houston 21 min ago
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos