Police catch suspected thieves in the act
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- Two suspects were arrested Tuesday afternoon after a caller reported to police that two men were attempting to steal a trailer from Paintball Zone at 2811 Dixie Farm Road.Police received the call around 1:22pm. Officials say the caller blocked the driveway of the business with a vehicle to prevent the suspects from exiting the property, and relayed the suspects' description and vehicle information to police. The suspects drove along a pipeline in an effort to get away.
Police say the first officer on the scene watched as one of the men, using a set of red bolt-cutters, attempted to cut a lock on a gate in order to exit the property. The plainclothes officer ordered both men to lie on the ground. Once a uniformed back up unit arrived, the officer jumped the gate and detained the men.
Christopher Adrian Rodriguez, 29, of Houston, and Raymond Castillon Tamez, 18, of Houston were caught red-handed attempting to steal a trailer, police say. The two men claim to be relatives.
According to police, Rodriguez allegedly offered Tamez cash to help him steal the trailer. They covered the rear license plate of the truck with a towel to avoid identification and then hooked up the trailer to the truck. When the complainant arrived on the scene and blocked the driveway, the suspects detached the trailer and attempted to flee. That is when they were taken into custody by Friendswood police.
Rodriguez and Tamez are charged with felonty theft. Both suspects are being held at the Friendswood City Jail. Bond has not been set.
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class 32 min ago
- Recognize the guy in this sketch? 28 min ago
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Kim Jong Un's uncle executed as traitor
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty
- What was interpreter REALLY signing
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- 'Fake' interpreter: 'I was hallucinating'
- Driver charged after turning to cosmetic for revenge
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- YouTube Rewind: What does 2013 say?
- Motorcyclist dies after colliding with car