Police catch suspected thieves in the act
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- Two suspects were arrested Tuesday afternoon after a caller reported to police that two men were attempting to steal a trailer from Paintball Zone at 2811 Dixie Farm Road.Police received the call around 1:22pm. Officials say the caller blocked the driveway of the business with a vehicle to prevent the suspects from exiting the property, and relayed the suspects' description and vehicle information to police. The suspects drove along a pipeline in an effort to get away.
Police say the first officer on the scene watched as one of the men, using a set of red bolt-cutters, attempted to cut a lock on a gate in order to exit the property. The plainclothes officer ordered both men to lie on the ground. Once a uniformed back up unit arrived, the officer jumped the gate and detained the men.
Christopher Adrian Rodriguez, 29, of Houston, and Raymond Castillon Tamez, 18, of Houston were caught red-handed attempting to steal a trailer, police say. The two men claim to be relatives.
According to police, Rodriguez allegedly offered Tamez cash to help him steal the trailer. They covered the rear license plate of the truck with a towel to avoid identification and then hooked up the trailer to the truck. When the complainant arrived on the scene and blocked the driveway, the suspects detached the trailer and attempted to flee. That is when they were taken into custody by Friendswood police.
Rodriguez and Tamez are charged with felonty theft. Both suspects are being held at the Friendswood City Jail. Bond has not been set.
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- NASA records powerful explosion on moon
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos