Police nab teen suspect in shooting that left boy paralyzed
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police have arrested an 18-year-old in connection to a park gang shooting that left a boy caught in the crossfire paralyzed.
Deon Quanell Gibson is behind bars on a charge of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, Houston police said. Gibson is accused of injuring 14-year-old Dedrick Nash during a shootout between two rival gangs at Tidwell Park on May 9.Nash was caught in the crossfire and transported to an area hospital. Family members told Eyewitness News that the teen currently paralyzed from the waist down. Gibson is scheduled to appear in court on June 1.
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos