Student in Atascocita graduating with perfect attendance
ATASCOCITA, TX (KTRK) -- An Atascocita High School student is graduating next week with quite a big accomplishment. He's never missed a day of school.Colton Whatley says his family is excited and proud about the achievement. Whatley will be the first Atascocita student to finish all 13 years of school without missing a single day. He says there were a few days that it was hard to get out of bed but that he made it a point to stick to the goal.
"From until middle school, it was just an accident, just lucky," he said. "And then when I hit high school, I thought I might as well go the next five years."
Whatley is heading to Texas A&M next year and plans on becoming a nuclear engineer.
Got a graduate you're proud of?
Whether it's high school, grad school, kindergarten or any grade in between, we want to see photos or videos of someone you want to recognize. Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org or upload them here.
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'