Day care worker accused of injury to child
HUNTSVILLE, TX (KTRK) -- A day care worker is under arrest after she allegedly injured a young child in her care.According to the Huntsville Police Department, officers were called to investigate a report of an injured child at about 6:30pm Wednesday. A 10-month-old child was treated at Huntsville Memorial Hospital for bruises to the face, neck and torso. The baby was transferred to Texas Children's Hospital in Houston for observation, and released to the parents the next day.
A police investigation led to the arrest of Allison Nicole Ross. Ross, 29, is a day care worker at the Taking Care of Kids Daycare in Huntsville, and police say she was responsible for the care of the 10-month-old on Wednesday.
Police say Ross confessed to causing the injuries on the child and was subsequently arrested and charged with injury to a child, a third-degree felony.
The day care's owner is cooperating in this ongoing investigation.
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school 20 min ago
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home