Day care worker accused of injury to child
HUNTSVILLE, TX (KTRK) -- A day care worker is under arrest after she allegedly injured a young child in her care.According to the Huntsville Police Department, officers were called to investigate a report of an injured child at about 6:30pm Wednesday. A 10-month-old child was treated at Huntsville Memorial Hospital for bruises to the face, neck and torso. The baby was transferred to Texas Children's Hospital in Houston for observation, and released to the parents the next day.
A police investigation led to the arrest of Allison Nicole Ross. Ross, 29, is a day care worker at the Taking Care of Kids Daycare in Huntsville, and police say she was responsible for the care of the 10-month-old on Wednesday.
Police say Ross confessed to causing the injuries on the child and was subsequently arrested and charged with injury to a child, a third-degree felony.
The day care's owner is cooperating in this ongoing investigation.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail