Boyfriend charged for murder of woman and son
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police made an arrest Sunday in the shooting deaths of a mother and her adult son on Houston's south side.Jeffery Keith Prevost, 51, is now charged with the capital murder of his girlfriend and her son.
Sherry White, 51, and her 20-year-old son Kyle Lavergne were both killed Friday, police said.
The shootings happened at the victims' home off Ferdinand and Brinkley.
Relatives were worried when they hadn't heard from the two in a couple days. They forced their way into the home and found their loved ones' bodies.
Family friend Kenneth Terrell knew White her entire life. He described her as a good friend and neighbor and an excellent mother.
Her son always had smile on his face, he said. Lavergne graduated from Lamar High School in 2009 and was studying to become an airline mechanic.
"[White] was a very good, kind, loving person, and I know that if others of her family were speaking, they would be able to tell you that this is senseless. This is the most senseless act," Terrell said.
White dated Prevost only for a couple months. Police have confirmed what family members suspected -- that White was trying end her brief relationship with Prevost, and he did not like that.
Police also say Prevost came back to the scene Saturday afternoon and acted as if nothing had happened.
local, christine dobbyn
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent 28 min ago
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 9 min ago
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Are you too good looking to get a date?