College student survives shark attack near Surfside Beach
HOUSTON -- A University of Houston student is recovering from a shark bite on her upper leg as she stood in waist-deep water.Kori Robertson went to the beach on Memorial Day and was with friends on Follett's Island, near Surfside, when she felt a jerk on her thigh, then pain.
She made it out of the water and then saw more than a dozen upper and lower jaw tooth marks just above her right knee.
The 22-year-old saw senior education major was treated and released from a Galveston hospital. Doctors believe the bite was caused by a bull shark.
university of houston, local
- Car slams into two homes in wild crash
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Video: Lovie Smith interviews with Texans
- Video: JJ Watt now a superhero
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos