Divers recover body from swimming area in Kemah
KEMAH, TX (KTRK) -- Officials pulled a woman's body from a gravel pit in Kemah where a search for a missing woman was underway.According to Kemah police, Randee Michelle McCullough-Martin, 27, was reported missing around 5:30pm Wednesday.
A Kemah police dive team searched the water in the 1100 block of S. Kemah near Lawrence, where the group planned to swim. At about 11:20am, divers recovered a body.
Police say the victim appears to have drowned and there are no other signs of trauma. The Galveston County Medical Examiners Office will conduct an autopsy.
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school 2 min ago
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman 7 min ago
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home