Divers recover body from swimming area in Kemah
KEMAH, TX (KTRK) -- Officials pulled a woman's body from a gravel pit in Kemah where a search for a missing woman was underway.According to Kemah police, Randee Michelle McCullough-Martin, 27, was reported missing around 5:30pm Wednesday.
A Kemah police dive team searched the water in the 1100 block of S. Kemah near Lawrence, where the group planned to swim. At about 11:20am, divers recovered a body.
Police say the victim appears to have drowned and there are no other signs of trauma. The Galveston County Medical Examiners Office will conduct an autopsy.
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations 56 min ago
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged 16 min ago
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle 9 min ago
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- NJ restaurant parts ways with gay waitress
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush
- No more ice, but cold weather continues 28 min ago
- David Tillman's weather forecast
45 min ago