Police investigate fatal truck stop shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An argument at a northeast Houston truck stop took a deadly turn early Saturday.
Several people watched as a man was shot to death around 3:30am at Love's truck stop on the North Loop East near McCarty, officials said.
According to witnesses and investigators at the scene, two men met in the parking lot. One man then went inside the store while the other drove around to the front door in his pickup truck.
The other man came back out of the store, and then witnesses say they started arguing.
Witnesses said the man in the pickup truck quickly drove over and blocked the other man from pulling out in his car. He got out of the truck, walked over to the car and shot the other man in the head.
His body was in the passenger's seat of the car when police arrived.
Police believe the victim was in his early 40s. His identity was not released.
A security guard and several witnesses kept the suspect at the scene until the Houston Police Department arrived.
The suspect was taken into custody. The motive for the shooting is unknown.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates to this story as they become available.
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony 33 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom 15 min ago
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers 11 min ago
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend in Mexico
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston