Protesters return to Ft. Bend County courthouse
STAFFORD, TX (KTRK) -- For the second time in a couple weeks, protestors were back out at the Ft. Bend County courthouse Tuesday. They hope to convince prosecutors to file more charges in a deadly shooting at a Richmond bar.On December 18, 2010, a violent dispute between family members escalated into a shooting at the Stafford Ice House. One group was kicked out of the bar. Investigators say they returned and at least one person began shooting as they went back into the bar. Two were killed, four others wounded.
Four have been taken into custody with the shooting -- Joe, Tony, Michael and Francisco Marin. But only Francisco has been charged with capital murder. Michael was released from custody in April, and victims' relatives believe Joe and Tony will soon be released as well.
Tuesday's protest was intended to spur the district attorney's office to file additional charges in the case.
There was a similar peaceful protest over this case back at the end of May.
- Severe weather possible this morning 6 min ago
- NASA astronauts begin urgent spacewalking repairs 13 min ago
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- 1 dead, 1 injured in double drive-by shooting 32 min ago
- Deputies shut down game room in NE Houston 20 min ago
- Woman's body found in SW Houston; suspect arrested 26 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Carolers to perform to grant cancer patient her wish
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 57 min ago
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Casey Curry's Saturday forecast
5 min ago