Protesters return to Ft. Bend County courthouse
STAFFORD, TX (KTRK) -- For the second time in a couple weeks, protestors were back out at the Ft. Bend County courthouse Tuesday. They hope to convince prosecutors to file more charges in a deadly shooting at a Richmond bar.On December 18, 2010, a violent dispute between family members escalated into a shooting at the Stafford Ice House. One group was kicked out of the bar. Investigators say they returned and at least one person began shooting as they went back into the bar. Two were killed, four others wounded.
Four have been taken into custody with the shooting -- Joe, Tony, Michael and Francisco Marin. But only Francisco has been charged with capital murder. Michael was released from custody in April, and victims' relatives believe Joe and Tony will soon be released as well.
Tuesday's protest was intended to spur the district attorney's office to file additional charges in the case.
There was a similar peaceful protest over this case back at the end of May.
- Montgomery County DWI cases under scrutiny
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: Teen at center of alleged assault partially lied
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves
- Houston city pools open this weekend
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos