Guilty verdict in Baytown double murder case
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Harris County jury has returned a guilty verdict in the trial of a man accused in the murders of two Baytown teenagers.Joseph Jean was charged with capital murder in the deaths of his ex-girlfriend's daughter, Chelsey Lang, 17, and her cousin, Ashley Johnson, 16.
The jury deliberated Monday for about four hours before arriving at the guilty verdict. The trial moved into the punishment phase. Jean faces the death penalty.Baytown police say in April of last year, the teens caught Jean pouring gasoline inside the home of Lang's mother. Then Jean beat the girls to death with a baseball bat and set the home on fire.
Prosecutors say Jean had threatened to kill his ex-girlfriend. Jean said he did not commit the crime.
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Liberty Co. jailer accused of smuggling drugs to inmates
- Tax break weekend in Texas for Energy Star items
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- Texas rapper indicted, controlled substance count
- Galveston leaders to meet over Ike housing story
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Video: 'Captain American' car stolen from movie set
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...