Guilty verdict in Baytown double murder case
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Harris County jury has returned a guilty verdict in the trial of a man accused in the murders of two Baytown teenagers.Joseph Jean was charged with capital murder in the deaths of his ex-girlfriend's daughter, Chelsey Lang, 17, and her cousin, Ashley Johnson, 16.
The jury deliberated Monday for about four hours before arriving at the guilty verdict. The trial moved into the punishment phase. Jean faces the death penalty.Baytown police say in April of last year, the teens caught Jean pouring gasoline inside the home of Lang's mother. Then Jean beat the girls to death with a baseball bat and set the home on fire.
Prosecutors say Jean had threatened to kill his ex-girlfriend. Jean said he did not commit the crime.
- Bridge collapses in NW Washington; people in water 27 min ago
- Innocent mom killed, kids injured at end of chase
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013
- Cancer drugs for children remain scarce in U.S.
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty...
- 2 remaining suspects in Alief murders arrested
- Judge declares mistrial in Jodi Arias penalty phase
- New funding to help Houston deal with water demands
- Houston one of fastest growing cities in US
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z' 45 min ago
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol 39 min ago
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos