Heat causes power poles to buckle in Conroe
Wednesday, June 15, 2011
CONROE, TX (KTRK) -- The heat caused two power poles to buckle, knocking out power to hundreds of homes and business yesterday in Conroe.Electricians blame the near triple-digit temperatures for causing those poles to collapse. One of the live wires even started a small fire in the dry grass along the FM 2854. It took 5-hours before all affected Entergy customers got their power back on.
(Copyright ©2013 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far?
- OK residents come home to pick up the pieces
- Consumer Reports lists best, worst airlines
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- 'Nashville' show putting spotlight on Music City
- 2017 Super Bowl means transformations for downtown
- Will Dome still be standing come Super Bowl time?
- Meet Houston Symphony's newest music director
- Game warden kills alligator on street in Clear Lake
- 1 child dead, 1 missing in Minn. park landslide
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved
- Video: OK tornado caught on cell phone
abc13.com News Links