TSA agent arrested on accusations of theft
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A TSA agent at Bush Intercontinental Airport has been arrested amid accusations of theft.Officers arrested Karla Morgan, 49, Thursday for theft. Police say an undercover officer gave Morgan a wallet he said he found with a thousand dollars inside.
Investigators say Morgan put the wallet in her backpack and walked out of the airport. Officers then arrested Morgan in a parking lot.
In a statement issued to Eyewitness News Thursday night, the Department of Homeland Security said:"TSA holds its workforce to the highest professional standards and we act swiftly to end the federal careers of those who do not abide by these standards. The actions of this officer in no way reflect on the nearly 50,000 Transportation Security Officers who work tirelessly to protect the traveling public."
The TSA had been conducting an internal affairs investigation for a while. Morgan began working for the agency in September 2002.Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest details.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course