TSA agent arrested on accusations of theft
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A TSA agent at Bush Intercontinental Airport has been arrested amid accusations of theft.Officers arrested Karla Morgan, 49, Thursday for theft. Police say an undercover officer gave Morgan a wallet he said he found with a thousand dollars inside.
Investigators say Morgan put the wallet in her backpack and walked out of the airport. Officers then arrested Morgan in a parking lot.
In a statement issued to Eyewitness News Thursday night, the Department of Homeland Security said:"TSA holds its workforce to the highest professional standards and we act swiftly to end the federal careers of those who do not abide by these standards. The actions of this officer in no way reflect on the nearly 50,000 Transportation Security Officers who work tirelessly to protect the traveling public."
The TSA had been conducting an internal affairs investigation for a while. Morgan began working for the agency in September 2002.Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest details.
- Man found shot to death in SE Houston home
- Cigarette blamed for Taco Bell fire in Katy
- Girls' softball league evicted from their field
- Robber dashes out of vision store with pricy shades
- Bear cubs get loose at Houston Zoo
- Residents on edge after Montgomery Co. flu deaths 37 min ago
- Chevron puts downtown Houston building plans on hold
- Duck Dynasty's Phil Robertson off the show after gay remark
- East Texas company making healthcare affordable
- Investigators: Driver drank cologne to hide alcohol smell
- Dozens of people injured in London theater collapse 29 min ago
- Jury reaches verdict in disputed Farrah Fawcett portrait
- Houston psychic sued over 'love ritual'
- Houston man charged with murder in wife's shooting death
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos