Man sentenced to death in Baytown double murder case
Friday, June 17, 2011
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man found guilty of killing two Baytown teenagers has been given the death sentence by a Harris County jury.Joseph Jean was charged with capital murder in the deaths of his ex-girlfriend's daughter, Chelsey Lang, 17, and her cousin, Ashley Johnson, 16. Baytown police say in April of last year, the teens caught Jean pouring gasoline inside the home of Lang's mother. Then Jean beat the girls to death with a baseball bat and set the home on fire. The jury returned the punishment Friday afternoon. They found Jean guilty on Monday.
Jean yelled at the mother of Ashley Johnson today after the jury sentenced him to death."At one point, he lashed out at Ashley's for giving her impact statement. How do you do that when you sat there and mutilated and tortured these poor children," said Stephanie Hall, cousin of the victim. Deputies later brought Jean back into court for the rest of the victim's impact statement.
(Copyright ©2014 KTRK-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Burglary suspect watches sleeping toddler
- Fire in wood shop fills middle school with smoke
- Case of missing teens solved after 43 years 24 min ago
- 292 missing, 4 dead in South Korea ferry disaster
- Fashion trucks take over downtown Houston
- Missing kid found stuck in coin-operated game
- Over the top promposal had cops in on the secret
- VIRAL VIDEO: Kids try to use a Walkman
- How to lose the last 10 pounds
- Man killed while trying to cross North Freeway
- Missing stop sign blamed for accident in Montgomery Co.
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos